Believe it or not, we’re now into June! June brings many reasons to smile, like warm weather that is (hopefully) here to stay, the end of the school year, restrictions being lifted, and of course, Father’s Day!
Did you know that the first Father’s Day was in 1910? It was initiated by an American woman who wanted to honour her father, a veteran who had raised his six kids as a single father.
The lockdowns and restrictions the past while haven’t been easy, so Father’s Day is a great opportunity to let dads know how appreciated they are for everything they do, or to let them know how much they’ve been missed if you haven’t been able to see them.
Dads are often thought of as hard to shop for, but it doesn’t have to be that way! If you want to give your dad, step-dad, grandpa, or any father figure in your life a gift this year but don’t know what to give, we have ideas for you!
Here at the Scottish Shop we have:
- Stunning sweaters from Ireland - keep him warm and stylin’!
- Harris Tweed duffle bags - great for work, overnight trips or week long vacations
- Golf towels - for avid or recreational golfers!
- Rustic Harris Tweed hip flasks - let them be the envy of hip flask carriers with these!
- Beautiful Harris Tweed glasses cases - protect their glasses in a beautiful pouch!
- Ties in their clan tartan - the classic gift with a personal touch!
- Belts with a Celtic pattern - subtle but different!
- Quality soaps, shampoo and beard oil - scents loved by all!
- “Dad” Wrendale mug - for coffee and tea drinkers alike!
- Huge selection of puzzles, from 250-2000 pieces - for those who enjoy a challenge!
- Tons of chocolates, sweets and more - come in to see for yourself!
Whatever you give him, whether it be quality time doing an activity, a nice meal, or a thoughtful gift like the ideas above, we are sure he will love and appreciate it!
Come visit us to see these ideas and more for yourself! We are open for in-store shopping Tuesday-Thursday 12-5, Friday & Saturday 11-5, with fresh baking coming in Friday afternoons!